Use the following checklist to help you organize your supporting paperwork as you begin your home financing process. In our current competitive property bidding environment, your offer will not be taken seriously without a letter of loan pre-qualification from a reputable lender.
General income, asset & debt information
- Salary information for the last 30 days
- Creditor names, addresses, account numbers, balances and monthly payments for all current loans
- Estimated values for personal property, including furniture
Income information for the last two years
- Signed federal income tax returns
- W-2 or 1099 forms.
Asset information for the last three months
- Bank statements
- Retirement account statements
- Mutual fund and stock account statements.
- The listing agreement, if you are selling another property
- The closing statement on any properties recently sold
- Homeowners insurance information
- Current rental agreements for any rental properties you own
- Any gift letter and copy of check where applicable
- Separation, divorce and child support documentation, as applicable
- Photo ID & social security card
- Pension award letter for retiree borrowers
- Social security award letter for borrowers using social security as proof of income
- The source of your down payment and closing costs, including supporting documentation
- Late, slow or no payments on your credit report
If you are self-employed, you need:
- Signed copies of last two years’ business tax returns with schedules
- A YTD profit & loss statement
- A personal financial statement
Don’t know where or how to start the pre-approval process?
Tell us a little about yourself and we can help you get started. We have mortgage professionals of the highest caliber that we trust to work with our clients.